We are hiring for multiple positions
We are looking for a Platform Engineer based out of our Prague office. (Full time)
Rossum is a fast-growing Artificial Intelligence company that builds technology for understanding documents. Every single day, more than 100 human lifetimes are spent worldwide retyping information contained in invoices and we think that’s completely crazy. So we are now working to liberate millions of people from similar boring and repetitive work.
Rossum’s product is number #1 in its category. However, the growing number of customers that rely on Rossum’s product in their day-to-day business creates a challenge to maintain and improve our platform in the terms of stability, security, performance and scalability while allowing us to keep a fast development pace. We are in a great starting position in this regards, with a GitOps deployment process, extensive GitLab-based CI/CD and fully software-defined k8s cluster. Now, we are looking for skilled engineers to help us build a proper scale infrastructure on top of this and handle the 10x and 100x increases in the load that are coming soon.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Design, build and maintain the core Rossum platform infrastructure based on the cloud services (AWS, GCP, Kubernetes).
- Running the basic platform services (logging, monitoring, CI/CD).
- Support, guide and actively help other engineering teams to overcome their roadblocks when developing and running their Rossum components.
- Seek, test and push new infrastructure technologies.
WHAT WE EXPECT
- Collaborative, agile and proactive mindset. Moving fast, focusing on the most important issues first.
- Experience with cloud architectures and networking (AWS, GCP or Azure).
- Passion for infrastructure as code in terms of Kubernetes, Terraform and CI/CD tools (e.g. GitLab, Jenkins, Argo CD, Flux CD).
- Coding skills (e.g. shell, Python, Golang) plus working knowledge of git
- Fluent English, and the ability to clearly communicate your ideas and work together with other teams to devise a common solution.
- We most value honesty, passion, fast learning and “strong opinions weakly held”. We expect everyone to focus on searching for the truth when it matters, and a desire to support their conclusions by data and measurements.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An energy-charged atmosphere of a tech-first AI startup that has great traction towards global success and already serves customers across four continents including Fortune 500 companies. But most of the work is still ahead of us and you will be making a huge difference in our team of 30.
- Fresh technical environment tracking modern trends: Container-based architecture, Kubernetes, CI/CD philosophy, GitOps, Python components.
- Open-minded SRE culture with a focus on best DevOps practices and automation.
- Enjoyable working environment: A diverse team combining geeks, globetrotters, sportsmen, diet freaks and expats in the heart of Karlin. We offer flexible working hours and highly value independence (and dependability). Perks like free snacks or best coffee (and tea) in town are a given.
The ability to learn is not only vital to the Rossum platform, it is essential to our business operations. Yes, we require a very particular set of skills, experience, and attributes for each role in our company. But we don’t expect you to have acquired all these over your career; it is your capacity for learning and growing that makes you a dream for people like us. So, if this position feels like a good fit for you, even if you need a bit of time to grow into it, we’d love to speak with you!