Introducing Rossum’s New Developer Tools
We are thrilled to unveil the latest innovation to our intelligent document processing platform (IDP) – the new and improved Rossum Developer Tools. Designed with the aim to elevate your document automation experience, these tools are here to make your processes more efficient and tailored to your unique needs. Let’s dive in and explore what’s inside the box!
Rossum Master Data Hub: IDP Customer Case Study
The Rossum Master Data Hub extension (formerly named Data Matching) enriches data extracted from documents by comparing it to datasets within the extension. It matches and enhances the information to ensure accuracy and alignment with the organization’s authoritative data records, ultimately improving data quality and decision making.
The Gym Group, a leading gym operator in the UK, faced challenges in their accounts payable (AP) process due to a lack of control and adaptability within their legacy OCR and manual processing system. They were experiencing delays in processing invoices and sought to streamline data flow to their ERP for better visibility. The IT team wanted a flexible, customizable solution that they could adapt to their specific business needs.
With Rossum’s support, The Gym Group’s IT experts integrated Rossum with Workday, importing master data into Rossum and exporting extracted and validated data back to Workday in real time through Master Data Hub.
This integration significantly improved invoice processing efficiency, reduced manual data entry, and empowered the IT team to make customizations without relying on external support. Rossum’s modular extensions were instrumental in automating document sorting, routing, and PO matching.
“The latest version of [Master Data Hub] is great as it has reduced the amount of system management time required from IT. We now have the flexibility to make changes with a much more streamlined process.”Vivek Manivel, Senior Finance Systems Analyst at The Gym Group
Developer Tools: Unlock Seamless Development
There are many more tools at your disposal to customize Rossum’s intelligent document processing platform.
- Craft custom extensions with ease: Now, you can effortlessly create custom extensions in Python or NodeJS, giving you the flexibility to tailor Rossum to your precise requirements.
- Effortlessly debug with user-accessible logs: Debugging has never been this straightforward. With user-accessible logs from extensions directly in the Rossum App, pinpointing and resolving issues is a breeze.
- Visualize platform setup with the Rossum dependency graph: Gain insights into your platform setup with a visual dependency graph. Understand the connections and relationships within your extension ecosystem.
- Create dedicated automation blockers: Customize your workflows like never before. Develop dedicated automation blockers to address specific business challenges and streamline your processes.
- Harness the full potential of our API: With comprehensive documentation at your fingertips, you can unlock the full potential of our API, ensuring you get the most out of Rossum’s powerful capabilities.
Leverage Existing Intelligent Document Processing Extensions in Minutes
On top of the above-mentioned Master Data Hub, save time and effort by leveraging existing extensions from the Rossum Store to supercharge your document automation processes.
- Streamline duplicate document identification: Identify duplicate documents with ease, using multiple criteria, reducing manual effort and improving data accuracy.
- Ensure data consistency with business rules validation: Protect your business with business rules validation, ensuring data consistency and compliance.
- Perform numeric and date calculations with extracted data: Calculate important metrics and values with ease. For instance, find out how many days are left until an invoice is due, making informed decisions effortlessly.
- Transform extracted data with pre-built extensions: Utilize low-code, pre-built extensions to transform extracted data, using regular expressions and more.
- Seamlessly import or export data: Move data between Rossum and your systems effortlessly with our dedicated extension for SFTP or S3, ensuring data flows smoothly.
Looking for more developer resources?
Here are more resources you can explore:
- Getting started with Rossum: the developer edition
- First configuration steps
- API integration overview
- Customizing Rossum functionality using extensions
- Example NodeJS extension
- Example Python extension
- Vendor matching extension
Your success is our success, and we can’t wait to see how you’ll shape Rossum to meet your specific needs. The Rossum Developer Tools are your key to unlocking the full potential of document automation and customizing it to suit your unique business processes.
If you have any questions or would like more information, don’t hesitate to contact your Technical Account Manager if you’re a client, or book a demo of the platform with one of our experts.