PepsiCo relies on Rossum

PepsiCo is the second largest food and beverage business in the world based on revenue. In the CEE region, PepsiCo operates in a joint venture with the KMV company. KMV also owns most of the bottled water brands in Czechia and runs a large distribution network across Europe.

The Challenge

As the joint venture strives to consolidate the CEE beverage market, it grows through a series of mergers and acquisitions. This means onboarding diverse finance teams, each connected to a separate ERP instance, at a fast pace. Some of these teams had a well tuned process, but had to employ dedicated manpower just for manual processing of incoming invoices. In other teams, morale was at an all-time low due to understaffing and an extreme backlog of invoices that were laborous to process manually.

The Solution

A UiPath-based bot built together with RPA consultancy InnovationPath was deployed for all finance teams at PepsiCo/KMV that use SAP. This bot replaced most of the admin staff workload related to incoming invoices.

This bot already reached 95% STP (straight-through processing) automation on incoming invoices in the Accounts Payable team, leveraging Rossum’s AI and large invoice PO coverage at the company. The remaining 5% of invoices are processed in Rossum’s validation interface by one admin person along with their other duties.

The Benefit

Team morale dramatically improved for the accountants who fought a never-ending battle with manual invoice processing in the past. The team now has sufficient time to take care of a larger variety of accounting functions without hiring extra staff.

Meanwhile, the company was able to reduce costs and hiring overhead, and can delegate more reporting and analytical tasks to the team.

PepsiCo relies on Rossum

"We had a never-ending backlog, at least hundreds of documents at all times. This caused low team morale and many colleagues were already about to quit before Rossum was implemented. Now, we are always able to complete our work on time."
Jana Vlkova, Head of Accounts Payable at KMV/PepsiCo CZ

How can Rossum help your team?