See how PepsiCo achieved 95% automation rates with Rossum

PepsiCo is the second largest food and beverage company in the world based on revenue. In Central and Eastern Europe (CEE), PepsiCo operates in a joint venture with the Karlovarské minerální vody (KMV), the largest distributor of non-alcoholic drinks in Central Europe. 

The Challenge

As the joint venture consolidated the CEE beverage market, the operation went through a series of mergers and acquisitions. This meant quickly onboarding and merging many different finance teams, each connected to a different ERP instance. Some of these teams had a well-tuned process, but had to employ dedicated manpower dedicated to manual processing of incoming invoices. In other teams, morale was at an all-time low due to understaffing and an extreme backlog of invoices that were time-intensive to manually process.

The Solution

Together with UiPath and RPA consultancy InnovationPath, PepsiCo utilized Rossum to deploy a document processing solution for all teams using SAP, the world’s most popular ERP solution. A UiPath-based bot built together with RPA consultancy InnovationPath was deployed for all finance teams at PepsiCo/KMV that use SAP. This bot replaced most of the admin staff workload related to incoming invoices.

This bot reached 95% STP (straight-through processing) automation on incoming invoices in the Accounts Payable team, leveraging Rossum’s AI and large invoice PO coverage at the company. The remaining 5% of invoices are processed in Rossum’s validation interface by one admin person in addition to their other duties.

The Impact

Team morale dramatically improved for the accountants who previously fought a never-ending battle with manual invoice processing. With a 95% STP rate, the team now had sufficient time to take care of a larger variety of accounting functions without hiring additional staff. Meanwhile, the company was able to reduce costs and hiring overhead, and can delegate more reporting and analytical tasks to the team.

Ready to get started?

See why hundreds of companies use Rossum to automate their document processing and improve operations, increase revenue, and reduce risk.