It is often convenient to process multiple documents stored in a single file. Most commonly, you would scan many documents at once in a scanner with an automatic feeder, resulting in a single file that combines all the scanned pages.
Rossum can split a file automatically using a special separator page. Simply print the QR code on separate paper leaves and insert them between documents during scanning. When you upload the file to Rossum, the engine will automatically recognize these pages and multiple document entries will automatically appear in your Queue.
If using the special separator page is not possible, you can use the document slicing tool which can split the file into multiple documents as well.
- On the Validation screen, you will see an Edit button on the right sight of the screen.
- Clicking this button will bring up a Document editing screen where you will see the list of pages.
- If you move the cursor between two consecutive pages a “split line” will appear
- If you click, the document will split and you can see an updated list of pages
- When you are happy with the result, click the “tick” button in the upper right corner
Note: The original document will be removed and the new documents will appear in the queue. Those documents need to be reprocessed by Rossum AI Engine which typically takes between 30-60 seconds