In ideal setup, all documents in the world should be processed automatically. Rossum is trying to help with this by accurately capturing data from documents and also by creating an automation framework that let’s you automate documents where Rossum is confident enough about the captured values.
How to Setup Automation of Documents
You can learn about the automation of documents in the new Automation tab in the Rossum’s settings. Rossum offers you the following three automation options.
|Confident||Documents where all fields are automatically validated (via confidence score, history, data integrity checks, etc.) will be automated. Read more about how to automate individual fields in Rossum.|
|Always||Documents where all fields have some value that complies with its datatype will be automated. No confidence it taken into account – Rossum really tries to automate everything it sees.|
|Never||Rossum stops every document for review.|
How to Setup Automation of Fields
When setting up the Confident automation, documents will get automated only if all the fields will be validated with a grey tick in the Rossum’s validation screen. The fields can get a grey tick if:
- The confidence score of the field is higher than the confidence threshold set in the Extraction schema editor for the given field.
- Data integrity check is fulfilled for the given field.
- The field’s value was seen in the history for the given vendor.
As automation of the fields by the confidence score is the Rossum’s main automation component, you can easily set the confidence score threshold for all the fields on the given queue as shown below.
Fields Blocking Automation of Documents
In case some of the documents are not automated and you have the Confident automation of documents setup, you can easily analyze why some of the documents were not automated thanks to the automation blockers.
Advanced Automation Setup
You can also learn in the Rossum’s automation UI about advanced setup of the fields. Such setup tells you how to:
- Make some fields required and automate easily the optional fields
- Set score thresholds for various fields independently
- Check what built-in checks Rossum performs on documents
- Setup history based checks for fields such as vendor name, bank account number or vendor ID that appear on every documents from the same vendor