The easiest way how your vendors and customers can send documents to Rossum is to use our intelligent email inbox. Advantages of using the intelligent inbox are:
- Easy document transfer directly from vendors
- Passing of important information in email content
- Rejecting documents in Rossum with email notification directly to the email of the sender
- Ability to filter documents processed from emails
- Ability to auto-reply to specific emails
If using Rossum’s email inbox is not needed in your workflow, use the option of manual uploading or uploading over the API.
Setting up Email Inbox
In order to start using the email inbox you should send the email inbox address to your vendors. You can find the email address and other possible inbox customizations by:
- Navigating to settings
- Selecting specific queue
- Opening the Email tab
There, you can:
- Customize the name of the Rossum email inbox
- Set bounce email where email notifications will be send if some attachments cannot be processed or if some documents get deleted or postponed.
Once done with the setup, you can copy the email inbox address and send it to your vendors.
Processing documents from email
Documents processed by the intelligent email inbox are highlighted with an email icon on the document dashboard.
Clicking on the email icon will open the detail of the email from which the document was processed. You can see important email metadata such as the sender of the email, timestamp, email content and the list of other documents from the same email.
Rejecting documents to the sender
If some of the documents do not contain all necessary information needed for successfully processing the document, you can reject the document with our rejection workflow.
Filtering documents to be processed
If you are using Rossum Email Inbox you might be dealing with the problem that Rossum is processing many irrelevant files such as:
- documents with unnecessary mime types
- files where you can decide by filename whether to process them or not
You can filter such documents by creating your own extension for email filtering. Read more about the email filtering extension.
Setting up auto-reply emails
Rossum’s default behavior can be extended according to your needs. For example you can configure an auto-reply extension on your queue which receives metadata and content of the receiving email and automatically replies to the sender of the document.
Note: If you already have your own email inbox in use, you can setup automatic forwarding to Rossum’s intelligent inbox.