In this article we will explain to you how to use workspaces & queues and how to move documents among queues as well as tabs.
What is the difference between workspace and queue
Let’s start with the basics. Workspaces allow you to group related queues into one organizational unit. You can consider workspace as the big organizational unit representing a specific customer (if you are a business process outsourcing company) or department. Queues could then be used for separating documents by document type. However the design of your workspace and queue hierarchy highly depends on your specific use case.
Getting first documents to Rossum
First of all, let’s mention how the documents can be uploaded to a particular queue. There are different ways:
- Manual upload using the web application
- Email-based import (each queue has a unique email address associated with it)
- Automatic import (via e.g. Zapier)
- API-based import
Once you upload the document, it will end up in a particular workspace and queue.
Read more about the document’s upload options.
Moving documents among queues
Once having the documents in Rossum you might need to move a document among queues because:
- A document was uploaded to the wrong queue by mistake.
- One queue is being used for receiving all documents and then you triage the documents to correct queues.
- You have a separate queue where other users approve validated documents.
How to move documents in Rossum
- Select particular documents.
- Click on the button in the bottom where you can choose where you want to move these documents.
If you would like to move only a single document, you can find the moving button under the three dots as shown on the image below.
The moving button is available in any tab (=to review, postponed, confirmed, exported, deleted).
You can also move a document among queues while annotating it. You can use the three dots as shown on the image below.
Moving documents among tabs
Besides moving documents among queues, you might need to move documents among different tabs within the same queue. This is usually done “naturally” while you process the documents through Rossum. You can read more about the document’s lifecycle in Rossum.
However, you might have deleted a document by accident or you might want to edit already exported document again. In such cases, you can:
- Click on the move document icon on the document
- Select the same queue where the document is now
- Finish action by clicking on “Move” button
Afterwards, the document will be moved to the To Review tab of the same queue.