You have probably already noticed the icon with a green A on your main screen in Rossum or the green and grey ticks displayed in the validation screen. In this article we will explain more what they mean and how they work.
Documents validated by AI
When a document successfully passes the automation pipeline without any human interaction, you will be able to see a green icon with a capital A shown next to the filename:
Thanks to this icon, you will be able to quickly find out if a document was automated or not.
Fields validated by AI
When you open a newly imported document in Rossum, you can see that some fields have a grey tick. Such fields were already validated by the AI and they are considered correct. Currently, Rossum’s AI Engine has multiple ways to estimate that a captured value should be correct. Rossum can decide based on:
- Built-in checks – we perform Data Integrity checks based on values found on the document. Such checks could be validating the total sum based on other total related values, etc. See a complete list of the built-in checks and find out more technical details.
- Confidence score – Rossum captures every value with some confidence level. Values that have sufficiently high confidence level can be marked with grey tick and can be used for automating the whole document. Read more about how to customize the confidence threshold used for automation.
- History – if you have already processed documents in Rossum for a specific vendor then Rossum might validate the captured data against the exported data from the same vendor.
- Custom checks – of course Rossum can be easily extended with custom checks
In order to find out why the values were validated, you can hover over the tick and you will be able to find out more information.
Fields validated by humans
Anytime you leave a field in the validation screen, we turn the field green. Additionally, when hovering over the tick you would see “Human” key among the checks passed on the field.
In most cases, Rossum users have to ensure that all the captured values on the document are 100% correct. Therefore, it only makes sense to highlight those values to the user.
Moreover, seeing the values validated by users makes it easier to check if the users actually review all the values, etc.
Fields needing validation
In order to focus on the most problematic fields, you should be focusing on fields that do not have a tick next to the field’s label and are written in white.
If you trust the Rossum’s AI you can navigate to the next fields to be validated by pressing ENTER.
How do the ticks help?
There are many benefits of seeing the validation ticks. You can:
- see what fields you have already validated
- understand how the AI is learning and that you can track its progress
- focus on fields Rossum cannot automate and help Rossum find reasons why