Generic AI Engine is an engine pre-trained by Rossum to process a specific document type. Currently, Rossum supports only one type of Generic AI Engine focused on invoice processing. This engine has been trained on many invoices of various layouts, languages, and content. It is the engine that each Rossum account benefit from by default. It can read and extract invoices (and in the future, it will be able to read also other document types), and it is available to all the customers.
Generic AI Engine is suitable if you:
- process invoices with typical invoice layout,
- need to extract only the data that Rossum can extract by default,
- are satisfied with the current accuracy.
Generic AI Engine can reach very good accuracy on your invoices, ranging from very high to moderate. If your use case is a little more complicated, you may need the Dedicated AI Engine.
Dedicated AI Engine will be trained on your data. By reviewing your documents using Rossum interface, you are sending valuable feedback to the engine on what is the correct data. This data will be used to train the engine and increase the extraction accuracy of your documents.
Dedicated AI Engine is suitable if you:
- process documents of unusual layouts,
- want to extract document types other than invoices,
- receive many documents in different local languages,
- need to extract custom Data fields that the Generic AI Engine does not extract by default,
- simply wants to improve the current accuracy.
If you want to learn how Dedicated AI Engine learning works read more here.