The Generic AI Engine is pre-trained by Rossum to process a specific document type. Currently, this engine variant focuses solely on invoice processing; it has been trained to recognize fields from many various invoice layouts, languages, and content. This is the default engine for standard Rossum accounts. While it currently reads and extracts data solely from invoices, in the future it will also be able to understand and capture data from other document types. The Generic AI Engine is available to all customers.
Why Generic AI Engine?
Rossum’s Generic AI Engine is suitable if you:
- process invoices with standard layouts
- need to extract data that Rossum can extract by default
- are satisfied with the accuracy of this engine
For simple usage, the Generic AI Engine can achieve moderate to high levels of invoice data capture accuracy. If your use case is more complicated, you may need the Dedicated AI Engine.
Why Dedicated AI Engine?
Your business-specific data will be used to train the Dedicated AI Engine. As you review and validate documents via the Rossum user interface, you are automatically providing the engine with valuable feedback on what the correct data is. This data trains the engine and increases its data extraction accuracy for your documents.
Rossum’s Dedicated AI Engine is suitable if you:
- process documents with unusual layouts
- want to extract data from documents other than invoices
- receive many documents in different languages
- need to extract custom Data fields that the Generic AI Engine does not extract by default
- want continuously increasing levels of data capture accuracy