From this article you will learn:
- What is the Delete Recommendations feature
- How to enable delete recommendations for your queues
- How to set up criteria for delete recommendations
What is the Delete Recommendations feature
The Delete Recommendations feature provides you with improved control over the documents you handle in Rossum. It helps you avoid paying for documents you don’t want by showing recommendations and allowing you to easily delete documents that meet certain criteria.
How to enable delete recommendation for your queues
You can enable the feature on a per-queue basis, meaning you can choose to enable it for certain queues while keeping it disabled for others. Additionally, you can set up different criteria for each queue, which Rossum will use to recommend documents for deletion.
To enable the feature, follow these steps:
Go to the “Queue settings”
In the “Basic Settings” section, look for the switch that says “Enable delete recommendations to reduce billable documents” and click on it.
Once enabled, the feature will automatically check all incoming documents in the queue against the defined criteria. You can access the delete recommendations on the validation screen, where you can choose to delete the document, process it, or edit the criteria.
Deleted documents that match the criteria will not be counted towards your document quota.
How to set up criteria for delete recommendations
To define criteria for delete recommendations, click on “Edit Criteria”.
A new window will appear, allowing you to specify the documents for which you’d like to receive delete recommendations.
You can create criteria based on the following:
- Schema fields with dropdown options (enums): You can select specific values that should trigger a delete recommendation for one or more fields. All enum fields available in your schema will be visible here. If you want to use a new field, simply add it to your schema, and it will appear in the list. Only one value extracted from the document needs to match the criteria to trigger the recommendation.
- Number of pages: You can define a maximum number of pages for a document. Documents containing more pages than the limit will be marked with a delete recommendation.
- Name of the file: You can delete files that name match a specific pattern. To define a pattern, please use regular expressions