In 2020, ERP and DMS users increasingly expect the platform to have an automatic data extraction module. While an overwhelming number of businesses out there are still relying on manual data entry, there’s a hot market for platform vendors that can offer their clients an integrated data capture solution.
If your clients have approached you about automating data capture, you might be looking for a third-party data capture tool to add to your technology stack. OCR quality is an obvious criterion for choosing an extraction software solution, but as many developers would testify, integration and usability are often just as important for the solution’s success.
How can Rossum help?
Rossum’s open API makes it easy to upload documents received by the ERP/DMS, and to download the data extracted by Rossum’s AI. But what if your client’s data capture requirements are more sophisticated than a fully automatic workflow allows?
Consider these possibilities in an interactive data capture workflow:
- The user can quickly capture any additional values from the document, or make a correction in just a few mouse clicks. No need to retype data manually!
- The software can dynamically validate and/or match vendor name, PO number, product code, and more, and suggest the best match to the user while keeping the context of the given document in front of them.
- The user can rotate pages or split documents that come in as batch scans.
Rossum’s Embedded app is an intuitive UI which can enable all of the options above. Moreover, it can seamlessly integrate into your business platform and give the end user direct control over AI-powered data extraction.
How does the Embedded app work?
Let’s break it down step by step:
- Once you’ve integrated Rossum’s AI engine with your platform, our AI will automatically extract most of the data and let you retrieve it via API or a bot to show each data point in the ERP UI.
- Users can navigate the data in the ERP and take action when the data is ready for the next step in the workflow.
- If they see an error, or some data is missing, all they need to do is click a button: “Open in Rossum”.
- The Embedded Rossum UI guides you to the data field you need to correct, and once you click Confirm, you’ll be right back in your ERP screen, with the correct data synced to it and ready for next steps.
What are the key benefits?
With Rossum’s Embedded mode, the efficiency of the data capture process increases dramatically, and the impact goes well beyond user efficiency.
- In the short- and mid-term, the integrated UI enables the user to review and capture data quickly and effortlessly.
- Over time, user corrections create a strong feedback loop with the AI, which allows it to continuously learn and improve its accuracy.
Feeding good quality data to the AI is key for successful implementation of AI-powered products. The Embedded mode helps create a symbiosis of machine and human intelligence, and achieve fantastic effort reduction and automation results in the long run.
Want to see a live demo of the Embedded mode?
Visit this page to experience the real feel of the Rossum’s Embed mode.
Not sure if you need Rossum’s Embedded App or the standalone web app for your use case? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help figure it out.
Ready to start integrating? Have a look at our developer hub article on the embedded mode integration.