Special Projects Hacker
We use state-of-art AI plus intuitive UI to eliminate useless paperwork and make the whole world go faster. Help us open up new frontiers and attract new users by working on entirely new projects at Rossum that will be key for us to achieve this mission.
We are already processing up to hundreds of documents per minute. But this volume grows exponentially, and the scope of our product only slightly slower. Our final goal is so far ahead that we won’t hesitate to rewrite everything a couple of times more.
Our Tech Stack
Rossum is a Python company (not uncommon for an AI startup). We use Python to train our AI models, actual data processing, and all back-end APIs.
- Our backend services are written in Django or Flask.
- We use PostgreSQL for our primary databases, partitioned to ensure queries are fast enough on our table sizes.
- Our ML models are built with Keras and Tensorflow, and we like to rely on Kubeflow for most training and experiments.
- Many of our customers are developers themselves. We love designing beautiful (and stable) APIs and are even happy to host serverless user code as AWS lambda functions.
- All our services are deployed in Kubernetes clusters, currently in AWS. (But we avoid relying on the AWS ecosystem too much.)
- Our deployments and releases are 98% based on GitOps, with infrastructure defined as code and managed by GitLab-based CI+CD pipelines.
We are all geeks and hackers who like to engineer beautiful systems, all the way to Rossum’s CEO. You will fit right into the company and this role if:
- You have a track record as a software engineer but have also shown care for the business, use-cases, processes, and, most importantly, the user needs.
- You are interested in startups with a strong purpose and cool tech, maybe even thought about starting one yourself (in the past, or after getting product-market experience at Rossum first!).
- You are a generalist who already pioneered new projects and does not need to join an existing highly structured team to succeed.
- You are used to applying design thinking and have demonstrated that you are not just able to solve problems but start with finding out exactly what the problem even is.
- You are honest and bullshit-free. You base your opinions on data, but don’t cling to it in the face of good arguments.
- You feel the butterflies on the idea that you would be the founding or co-founding member of some of these future teams at Rossum:
- Vision projects – prototyping new capabilities that are key to our vision of automating all document communication, and it’s time to show them to the first users, but are too early to enter core product.
- Growth hacking – developing and running fast-paced experiments with our marketing team on how large new user audiences discover Rossum.
- Strategic integrations – pioneering our first cohort of out-of-the-box integrations of our platform with other business systems our users rely on as Rossum’s newest key strategic project.
- Developer experience – making sure the fast-growing audience of software developers using our APIs to integrate Rossum in their apps have a stellar experience and form a thriving community
- Product marketing – becoming the foremost expert on our customers, from their processes and their vocabulary to the top problems on their mind, and mapping that insight to Rossum’s highly technical product.
- Data engineering – building a fast and secure data lake infrastructure we critically need so that our analysts and product managers can make the right decisions based on real production data.
What we offer (benefits)
We are building a hyper-growth SaaS startup following the best Silicon Valley practices in Prague.
- We designed our Employee Stock Option Plan as the fairest in Prague.
- A laptop of your choice & necessary tech is a given.
- Beautiful office with 200 m2 terrace and a view of the Prague castle in the heart of Karlin.
- Five weeks of vacation, flexible working hours, and home office setup.
- Tasty snacks & the best coffee and tea in Prague.
- English language lessons on all levels.
- Multisport card to get your workout at any of 2 700 places in Czechia.
We are automating document communication. Thousands of lifetimes per day are burned on manually dealing with documents in enterprise back offices. It’s a terrible job, and it makes the whole world go slower. Right now, we already process up to hundreds of documents per minute to save our users 85% of this work, serving some of the world’s best companies. Our mission is to create a world that builds rather than types, as companies that switched from email to Slack and Teams for internal communication next switch to Rossum for their orders and invoices.
We raised money from some of the best VCs in Europe and top American angel investors who backed startups like Airbnb, Revolut, or UiPath before. We are now pre-Series-A in terms of funding and grow 300% a year. (Learn more)