Rossum is a rapidly growing artificial intelligence company that automates document processing. Every day, people throughout the world collectively spend over 100 human lifetimes retyping invoice information – this is absurd as it is avoidable. We are committed to liberating millions of people from the chore of data entry and empowering them to apply their intelligence and talents to more fulfilling, higher-value activities.
Rossum’s product is number #1 in its category. However, to actually get deployed in practice and improve people’s lives, it must be appropriately customized and integrated for every customer.
Some customers manage it on their own, but others have questions or need hands-on help. And all of them appreciate great guidance materials, be it documentation or code examples.
Helping customers to deploy Rossum in practice is the Solution Engineer’s role.
This is a full-time position based in Prague.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Communicate with Rossum’s customers regarding technical matters by email and phone, analyze their needs together with our sales team and suggest technical solutions. The job is 50% communication.
- Engineer solutions for Rossum’s customers based on Rossum’s extensible platform, either via custom configuration or original Python microservice development. The job is 50% implementation work.
- Develop public technical materials in the form of e.g. code examples, written documentation, guidance videos etc.
WHAT WE EXPECT
- Technical mindset and analytical skills.
- Great communication and writing skills. Excellent English both spoken and written. Other foreign languages are a plus.
- Basic experience with Python, (Postgre)SQL and Git, at least in the scale of completed small projects / major coursework. Docker and Linux experience is a plus. If possible, send us your GitHub account.
- Deep prior engineering experience is not necessary. This position can be a great entrypoint into software engineering for new programmers.
- We most value honesty, passion, fast learning and “strong opinions weakly held”. We expect everyone to focus on searching for the truth when it matters, and a desire to support their conclusions by data and measurements.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Energy-charged atmosphere of a tech-first AI startup that has great traction towards global success and already serves customers across four continents including Fortune 500 companies. But most of the work is still ahead of us and you will be making a huge difference in our team of 40.
- A unique 50-50 communication/technical mix that involves direct interaction with users and seeing immediate effects of your work.
- Rich career growth opportunities across multiple Rossum teams.
- Enjoyable working environment: A diverse team combining geeks, globetrotters, sportsmen, diet freaks and expats in the heart of Karlin. We offer flexible working hours and highly value independence. Perks like snacks or best coffee (and tea) in town are a given.
The ability to learn is not only vital to the Rossum platform, it is essential to our business operations. Yes, we require a very particular set of skills, experience, and attributes for each role in our company. But we don’t expect you to have acquired all these over your career; it is your capacity for learning and growing that makes you a dream for people like us. So, if this position feels like a good fit for you, even if you need a bit of time to grow into it, we’d love to speak with you!